Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Coffee musings

Just sitting here sipping my coffee and planning my day.  Wednesdays are tricky-fun because I have capoeira and I go out for lunch with my coworkers.  Thankfully, we tend to go one of two or three places, and most of them have calorie counts available on the web.  This week, I want to go to a deli nearby that has a massive vegetarian sandwich that's only a little over 500 calories.  I'll probably get that with baked chips (I love potato chips) and save half the sandwich to eat right before capo.  I'm still concerned by the fact that I got dizzy and had to leave early yesterday.

I didn't have any cold-brewed coffee left today, so I had regular warm coffee, but I decided to doctor it up into what I think of as "Guruji coffee" after Swami Satchidananda.  Once at his ashram, I went to the puja at his tomb in the morning and the prasad was always based on things he liked to eat for breakfast, including a cup of very sweet milky coffee.  Apparently Guruji had a massive sweet tooth.  It was then that I decided I could be easier on myself sometimes about what specifically I ate.  So today, I put lots of sugar and milk and a little vanilla in my coffee.  It seems appropriate, anyway, since Wednesday is also my most relaxed morning, so it's when I do my full personal yoga practice with meditation.  It was even nice enough today to open a window in my yoga room.

No comments:

Post a Comment