Friday, July 29, 2011

Epic Salad

That's what my coworkers are calling the massive concoction of greens, veggies, eggs, and avocado that I've brought for lunch most days this week.  I basically stopped trying to fit it all into one tupperware.  My largest container is 5 cups and I can almost fill it twice with my salad-makings.  Today's salad had:

60g baby spinach
70g romaine lettuce
50g raw kale
100g grape tomatoes
75g sliced red bell pepper
135g diced cucumber
2 boiled eggs
1/2 an avocado

Plus, olive oil and vinegar to dress.  It works out pretty well if I stuff the greens into the 5-cup tupperware and bring the rest of the veggies separately.  Then I eat the first half of the greens with avocado and eggs and the second half with tomato/cuke/pepper and oil-and-vinegar.

I had an hour-long lunch meeting today, so I'm finishing the last bits of my salad now, over an hour after starting it.  I also had apricots and cottage cheese.  Not terribly caloric, but the whole thing feels like an absolute feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment