Saturday, July 23, 2011

Home-baked bread and post-run musings

I went for a run this morning.  It was over 80 degrees and 75% humidity at 7am.  Yay, heat wave!  But I made it.  I wanted to get out earlier but I was hungry when I woke up, so I had some sesame rice crackers before heading out.  The salt was good for me, anyway.  Just had my fruit, yogurt, and nut bowl for breakfast.  It's kind of nice to run in extreme weather because only the really fit and dedicated people are out and they're mostly really friendly and supportive.  I'll do yoga later today to unwind before the party tonight.

My husband is making a loaf of bread this morning, so I'm definitely going to have a slice later.  Yeah, pretty empty nutritionally, but it's really, really worth it.  I pretty much only eat bread once a week when he makes it fresh anymore.

Party tonight.  But it's an open house, so I could just nibble on veggies, maybe a little dip, and have a glass of wine.  If there are shrimp or some other kind of protein source, I'll go for that, too.  It's at the house of some family friends who used to do Zone, so they're not entirely unconscious of health, which is good.  And I know them well enough to know that as long as I have a drink in my hand, they won't ask if I need anything.  So the biggest challenge will be drinking slowly.  It's not so much that I like to drink as that I enjoy the taste of alcohol.  I can try telling myself that the more I drink tonight the worse camel pose will be in the morning.

Oh, since it's Saturday, I figure I'll post my weekly biomarkers (7-day averages):
Weight: 133.5 lbs.
Temp:  98.5F
HR:  56 bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment