Wednesday, July 20, 2011

This Is a Test

This is a personal experiment.  While I don't think I shall ever adhere to the strictest definitions of CRON (calorie restriction with optimal nutrition), I think I shall try to play with my calorie levels and see how I feel.  This blog will chronicle that, by way of accountability.

A bit about myself:

I am in my late 20s, female, a yoga practitioner, a runner, and a scientist.  Right now, my calorie goal is 2000/day, which is approximately 10% CR, based on the Calorie Restriction calculator at Scientific Psychic.  However, when I enter my specific daily activities, averaged over a week, into a "calories burned" calculator set to my ad lib weight, I get that I burn about 2500 cal/day, so that would make me 20% CRed from ad lib.  Interpret this as you may.  Right now my weight is dropping, having gone down almost 10 lbs. since I returned from a trip in mid-June.

I'll try to post back most days at the end of the day with how my day went and what my nutrition totals were, along with biomarkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment