Friday, July 22, 2011

Smoothie musings

I'm having my post-lifting smoothie right now and planning my day.  I find that entering my planned day into CRON-o-meter helps me figure out what I want to do about snacks if I get hungry outside of meals.  Friday nights are pizza night for dinner for me, so I'm making homemade pizzas, which means my carb and calorie counts at dinner will be quite a bit higher, so I can adjust snacks accordingly.  This morning, I also added a bit of dark chocolate to my pre-workout snack, and I know I have a party to go to tomorrow night, so I'll probably try not to snack anyway.  This is where a lot of tea helps.  I'll probably save my morning tea for 10:30 or 11am so that I can wait and eat lunch later.

My smoothie this morning is delicious:  frozen mango, yogurt, vanilla whey protein, flaxseed, milk, and spinach.  Yum.  Last week when I gave blood, the nurse was really surprised when I said I ate spinach for breakfast -- it was in my smoothie!  I try to eat a veggie at every meal, even breakfast.  I can scramble them into eggs or whiz them into a smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment