Thursday, July 21, 2011

Morning scramble musings and post-run asanas

For some reason, CRON and yoga seem intimately linked in my mind.  There's something very yogic and austere about eating only what you need and no more.  Also, a lot of CRON practitioners are vegetarian or mostly vegetarian, which is very yogic (though I am not).

Anyway, I got up this morning and went for my run, which I do 3 times a week, and then did some standing poses, seated forward bend and twist, and an inversion.  I've found that doing a brief yoga session instead of just stretching helps me feel more recovered from my run.  Maybe it balances the rajas?

Then, I made my morning scramble: 2 eggs, spinach, shiitake mushrooms, and a slice of cheese.  I eat this with yogurt, blueberries, and flaxseed.  It was delicious, but I'm thinking about switching to a yogurt/fruit/nut bowl next week, if only for variety.  We'll see.  Also coffee.  I came back from my European vacation this spring with a new appreciation for coffee.  But I've been waking up earlier than my alarm a couple mornings in a row now, so I might consider switching back to tea.  I have a wonderful Rishi Masala Chai that I love, and I also want to get a new tin of their Pu-erh Ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment