Sunday, July 24, 2011

Post-market musings

I'm just back from the farmers market today.  I had a farmer marvel at the quantity of kale I consume (actually, he marveled that my husband and I eat so much, but husband admitted that I eat most of it).  I also did Bikram yoga again.  Definitely not going back once my Groupon is finished.  I found an Ashtanga studio in DC that's reasonably Metro-convenient and has a schedule that fits mine, although I won't be able to go 4+ times per week, like a lot of Ashtanga studios seem to expect.  I just feel too wrecked and slightly high when I finish Bikram, as opposed to the blissed-out energy I feel when I go through the fundamental poses of Ashtanga at home.  I'm hoping an actual teacher will up the bliss quotient.

After yoga, I was feeling nosh-y (Bikram high, I had the munchies), but I abandoned my original idea of stopping at Einstein Bros. Bagels and getting a bagel thin with strawberry schmear.  Instead, I was going to get a banana and a bagel and maybe some milk at the market across the street and have half a bagel with peanut butter and banana and milk in my iced coffee (cold-brewed overnight, yum).  But then, in the milk aisle, I saw that they had quarts of chocolate milk from my favorite creamery, so I completely forgot about the bagel and just got a banana and a quart of chocolate milk.  Whole milk.  Dairy bliss.

So yeah, a banana, 2 Tbsp. peanut butter, cup of coffee, and 2 cups of chocolate milk later, in addition to my pre-yoga almonds and dark chocolate, I've had 900 calories before 11am.  So I'm waiting on lunch, which will be light, and probably skipping dessert tonight.  But my tummy is so very, very happy.  That's what a half a quart of chocolate milk will do.

This week, I'm trying something different; I'm going to try to eat lacto-ovo-vegetarian for breakfast, lunch, and snacks, and then have meat only at dinner a couple times this week.  I might even try eating vegetarian if we go out for lunch on Wednesday.  I can do it most places we tend to go.

Oh, yeah, look out for my cold-brewed iced coffee recipe on Sparta Athletika.  It's way yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment